Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 20, 2012

20 Miler...

20 mile run.... done!    Thanks to my aunt Bee (aka Beth) for running part of it with me.  It is so hard to motivate to run 20 miles all by yourself - b.o.r.i.n.g!  I took yesterday off from work and headed to Anaheim Hills to meet Bee at 6:15am for this crazy long run on the river trail.  Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.  I felt pretty good throughout.  Bee and I chatted for the first 10 miles, and then she left to go do more important things:).  I ran the next 5 without music.... just listening to nature and talking to God.  Then to change it up, I turned on my music for the final 5.
We are now 16 days away from the OC marathon!  I am getting excited.
We are now in tapering mode.  Tomorrow I back off and do 12 and then the following weekend I will only do 8 and start saving energy as I cut back.

In other running news, the Ragnar Relay started today.  This is a relay consisting of a 12 person team.  Each person runs a stretch before handing the baton to the next person.  They start in Huntington Beach and run through the night for 1.5 days ending in San Diego.  I WISH I was doing this right now.  Sounds like a blast!  Count me in next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment