Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Labor & Delivery Scare

Whew... close call! I have been having back pain the past week that felt as though I got punched on my right backside. It seemed to get worse each passing day until I could not get up without help. Then Tuesday morning I felt & heard a pop and I couldn't move as pain was shooting up my back. I was home and I called the Dr. and he told me to come in immediately. My neighbor took me and Brad met us there from work. They hooked Cade and I up to many monitors and took good care of us. Luckily, it is nothing pregnancy related and Cade is doing just fine. In fact, he is more active than usual! Turns out I have 3 separate issues... low potassium in my blood, a urinary tract infection, and a pulled muscle or cracked rib. After 7 hrs we were released to go home. Although I had to go back the next day for more tests. I have been put on bed rest for a week.

Here you can see my 'wounds' where they took blood and gave me the IV. Notice Penny, my little helper, laid with me to make sure I was ok:)

Brad took this last night while I was asleep. I have been so nauseous from all the medication that I slept with an icepack on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment