Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gearing Up For My Big 'Games'


For those of you who don't know, I got into running while in college as a way to stay in shape and drop a few L.B.s. As the years went on, running became a bit boring as there was nothing to work towards. Soccer practice gets you ready for the big game, yet running was all 'practice', with no big game to train for. Enter, half marathons... I now had an end result and a reason to go out there and run my heart out. After a few halves, I decided to try the unthinkable and shoot for a full marathon! Why not up the anty!? 26.2, anyone? And yes, that .2, REALLY does matter! Trust me, once you hit 26 miles, you feel like that last .2 will just about kill you.

So where am I going with all this? Well, because of my c section I had to wait 6 weeks before the Doc would allow me to dust off my running shoes. I have been trying to wait patiently and now my time has come. I have been back out there for 2 weeks and loving every minute of it. The fresh air, the boardwalk, and those endorphins pumping through my system.

Like before, I now need my 'game' to prepare for. I have to make up for lost time, so I have signed up for a few 'games'....

-5k (3.5 miles) Breast Cancer Run at Fashion Island (Sept.)- this one will be a blast since I can take Cade in the running stroller!
-Half Marathon in LA (Oct.) - my friend Sally and I will run this one together. It's local, so that's nice.
-Full Marathon in Vegas (Dec.) - need I say more? It's Vegas! Running the race was a perfect excuse to get a fun trip out of the deal:) Although I will run this looong one alone. Better get that ipod ready!

Check back as I update on my (and Cade's) training!

No comments:

Post a Comment