Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Huntington Beach Surf City Half Marathon 02.03.13

I ran the Huntington Beach Surf City Half Marathon on Sunday.  It is 3.5 miles down the street, so how can I say no?  90% of the course is run down PCH so it has a gorgeous view of the ocean.

I had never "raced" a half marathon.  Sure, I have run my fair share of halves, but I have usually ran with friends, chatting and just having a good time.  This time I had my game face on and decided to see what these ole' legs could throw down.  My previous times were around 1:45ish I believe.

Here is my girl and me just before I headed out to the race :)
Becky, Shannon and I:
I met up with my friend Jen whom I had not seen in over 10 years!!  She ran her first full marathon!  You couldn't even tell.... she looked gorgeous :)
 
I ended up kicking some booty and really impressing myself. 
I ran 13.1 miles in 1:34:26! 
I averaged 7:10 min miles. 
I was 14th place in my division (W 30-34) which had 1,438 runners.
Pretty cool!
 
 
Shannon and I ran into our co workers at the finish: Ryan & Brad
 
And just because I need a few pictures of the monkeys....
I walked into the living room the other day and saw this...

and then this....

Now seriously... does it get any cuter?  This tugs at my heartstrings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment