Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Guess Who's 5 Months Today?!?

Our Pride & Joy is 5 whole months... or 22 weeks..... or 153 days to be exact.

He is still smiling like crazy and now giggling a lot too. It melts my heart to hear his little laugh. Life doesn't get any sweeter than that. He is still trying to get used to the rice cereal and we have put solid foods (jar pears, etc) on the back burner for now. Cade's sleep schedule had a bit of a hiccup since he was out of his routine while we were in Vegas, but we are just about back into the rhythm. Cade is now sitting with support and I think he may be in the early stages of teething.

We are so thankful for the 5 months we have been blessed with to share with this Little Guy. He makes us smile bigger than ever before. I still have to pinch myself that he is OUR little boy. How did we get so lucky?

Cade Man,
Happy 5 Month Birthday, Big Boy! I love you so much! I feel privileged to be able to call myself YOUR MOMMY:) You make me sooo happy. You are the happiest little boy I have ever seen and it sure rubs off on me. I am new at this 'mommy' stuff so please bear with me as I am learning the ropes one day at a time. You are my sidekick and I love our daily adventures together. We get to experience so much just you and I and I cherish the time we spend together. I am so sad that I have to go back to work next month. I fear I will cry on a daily basis and miss you like crazy. How will I even be able to focus on work? But rather than dwell on that now, I will savor every moment of this last month that I am home with you. I love you to the moon and back!! You bring me unexplainable joy. I would give anything in the world to protect you, baby. You and Daddy are my world. You have the best Daddy ever. He loves you so much and he gets so excited to come home from work and see your smiling face. It brightens his day. He is so good with you. I love watching Daddy be a Daddy:) And I love to see you two having your 'Boy Time'. We have had the best 5 months of our lives. Thank you for being our son.
Love,
Mommy

5 Month Stats (these were measured by me since we don't go back to the Doc until next month - so take them with a grain of salt):
25 inches long (14th percentile)
14 lbs on the nose (6th percentile)
So... either Cade is slowing down in the growth/weight departments, or I measured wrong. We will see what happens next month at the Dr. office.
We were so excited to have Grammer come over and visit yesterday! Daddy was away at a work conference and Grammer came over to hang out! We had so much fun. Cade loved to stare and smile all day at Grammer.

And who could forget our monthly treats!? Mimi made these cookies for Cade's 5 month birthday! Don't worry Cade - you'll be able to share in the treats soon enough. But for now, Mommy will eat your share:)

Cade,
You are such a big little boy. We love you so much. Happy 5 Month Birthday, my Son. Let's always remember to thank Mommy for doing such hard work to bring us all together. You make our lives infinitely more meaningful. I am so proud to be your father.
Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment