Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nighty Night Time

Like many babies, Cade seemed to have his days and nights mixed up. We knew this was a common issue. What we didn't know was how to fix the 'problem'. Until the Doctor clued us in. See, we were catering to the Little Man. Brad would stay up (TV on, lights on) all night and go to sleep at 4am. I would wake up at 4am to take over. That way someone was always up to keep an eye on him.
Well, with all of the constant action, Cade wasn't getting the cue from us that it was nighttime. Makes perfect sense now....
After the light bulb went on for Brad and I, we tried out Doctor's orders that very night. No more sleeping with the TV on. It is now Cade's way or the highway! :) All lights went off and noise went off. And guess what...? It worked the very first try! He (all 3 of us actually) slept during the night hours!

I decided to get greedy and take it even one more step. I have read that babies aren't ready to be on a schedule until they are 2 months old. Well, I decided to put this little 1 month old babe to the test. So last night I tried the bedtime ritual..... just to see.

First, a bath to relax Cade and calm him down...
Then into his room for story time. I didn't think he would focus on the book, but he did!
I let him choose the story... he picked Goodnight Moon. Good pick, Cade!

Next, it was time to fill his belly. We all sleep better after a huge Thanksgiving meal, so why wouldn't he?

Next it was time for a lullaby. I am no American Idol, but Cade seemed to like it:)

Last, it was off to dream land. I couldn't believe it went so smoothly. He woke up twice during the night for diaper changes and feedings but went right back down. You amaze me Little Monkey! You are the best son I could ever ask for! :) We love you, Baby Boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment