Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Such a Tease - Drama Queen Even In The Womb

I had a Doc appt yesterday as part of my weekly check ups for Berks. All was well except the Doc was a bit concerned because:
- I am 37 weeks and have only gained 13 lbs
- My belly measured a bit small
Doc thought Berkley might be small and possibly wasn't getting enough nutrients.
Soooo, she scheduled me for an ultrasound in the radiology dept this morning. She said that if the ultrasound does in fact prove that she is small, they will move my csection up and deliver her early so that we can breastfeed/bottle feed her to plump her up and get some weight on those bones.
I left the Doc with a skip in my step, thinking that we might get to meet our girl sooner than we had thought. Being that she would only be 3 weeks early I wasn't worried that it was too soon for her to be delivered. Until that is... I called Brad to tell him the news. He reacted much different. He was immediately concerned.... this caused my happy dance to turn into a very nervous walk. I didn't even sleep much last night because it was on my mind.

Well... turns out, all is well with The Berkster! She weighed in at 6 lbs, 9 oz! I don't know where she puts all those burgers & fries I feed her every day:)

So while I still have to wait 2 weeks (exactly) to meet our little drama queen, at least I can rest easy knowing she is growing just fine and I my friends won't have much weight to shed:) Lucky for Brad.... I mean... lucky for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment