Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Science Projects & Taste Tests

This week has been full of experiments - both with food and with sleep schedules. It all started because I wanted to get Cade on a schedule since I will be back at work in SIX short weeks! Ahhh, just thinking about is going to make me cry. So let's just pretend that isn't the case. I am in denial and so far it's working pretty good:)

Anyway.... Cade and I are always on the go which makes it hard to get any sort of consistency down. So, I made it my project to stay home this week so I could observe and 'study' my 'subject'. In addition, I have been reading many, many books.

Being a math person, I am very black & white. However, all of these schedules, feedings, etc. are very gray. What works for one person is a total disaster for the next. I just want someone to tell me exactly what needs to happen and when (ex. put him down at 9:36am for nap #1, then feed him 5.2 ounces of milk and 3.2 ounces of rice cereal, followed by a 2nd nap at 1:43pm) Wouldn't life be so easy if this were the case?

These books were helpful in giving me lots of info, however, now I just have more material swirling in my head to be confused over.



After a few days of observation, I think we are finally getting somewhere with all of this scheduling stuff. Except on the days we go running... because our runs ALWAYS knock him out. This morning was classic... he pooped out and I was jogging along doing everything in my power to keep him awake. I am sure the passerbys thought I was nuts:) Ha! If they only knew how important this was:)

So next on my list to master was/is Cade's eating schedule. I say 'was/is' because this is always a work in progress. Once you get the eating schedule down, he grows and needs an entirely new schedule. Is this God's sense of humor, or what!?

Cade has been eating (I mean playing with) Earth's Best Rice Cereal for a few weeks now. He did well at first, but now he makes this funny face (imagine the face you would make if you ate liver) and spits it all out. So.... I decided to do a TASTE TEST! I went to Target, with Little Man in tow, and we bought 3 - yep count 'em sister - 3 different kinds of cereal. I decided to do a taste test to see which one(s) my picky eater would like.

I really shouldn't be surprised about this. Both Brad and I are super picky, so we were doomed from the start. Maybe I shouldn't be catering to this 'pickiness', but I remember as a kid hating to eat certain foods, so why force this on my Little One? (Love you Mom & Dad:)

Ok, getting to my point... here are the 3 contenders for our taste test:

#1 Earth's Best Whole Grain Oatmeal Cereal
#2 Gerber Organic Oatmeal
#3 Gerber Rice Mixed Fruit


Here is the Taste Tester awaiting the testing:)

Which one do you think won?? Isn't it obvious!?


The rice with mixed fruit! It is sweet so I should've known. This little boy had so many sweets when he was in my belly, that no wonder he doesn't want the bland, plain cereal. What have I done to myself!? :)

Told ya he liked it....




Oh! One more thing to show you. My sister-in-law, Aimee has been giving me great tips. Aimee has done such a great job with my nephew Brennan and she always does her research, so she is my 'go-to' for great advice. Love ya Aimee! :) Anyway, she recommended giving Cade these.... I will try it tonight and let you know how it goes. I remember Brennan loving them, so I have high hopes.

Okey dokey... I will leave you to get back to your own research. Sorry this post was so long winded, with many tangents. What's a girl to do when she can talk as long as she wants without any interruptions!? :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment