Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pre-Term Labor or Kidney Stones?

Wednesday was quite a scare... again! While at work, I had TERRIBLE contractions which caused my hands to become paralyzed, my face to turn white, and my body to break out in a complete sweat. Thinking I was in pre-term labor, the office ladies at work called 911 to have an ambulance rush me to Labor & Delivery while Brad followed behind. After 3 attempts (in between contractions) at a PAINFUL pelvic exam, the Dr. concluded that I was not in labor, 'just' passing kidney stones. I say 'just' because from what I hear this is more painful than labor. Unfortunately, they would not give me an epidural.... I had to survive these contractions on my own. I am not sure if I passed it or not... we will see if these pains come back again. One thing is for sure - I am much more nervous about labor now. I cannot seem to get that pain out of my head! The only positive from this experience is that it forced Brad and I to get the carseats installed! All Brad kept thinking on the way to the hospital was that 'we are having a baby today and we have no way to get him home'!

No comments:

Post a Comment