Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cade's 1st Birthday Party - Newport Beach 07.09.11

Warning: there are a TON of pictures ahead!






Cade woke up smiling and clapping his hands. You'd think it was his birthday or something:) This was how breakfast started.... yes, he HAD to have his balloon at all times:)
Then it was on to the BEACH for the BIG party! We had 65 people there - such a great turn out! Thanks so much for coming everyone!

Here's the "hot dog griller" , aka Poppy, and Natalie. Thanks for cooking dad!I was so busy running around that I feel like I barely saw my baby... I mean my little BOY (now that he is a big 1 year old!) I had to find him, scoop him up, and grab a quick pic. I must say it is much better (or easier I should say) attending parties than it is throwing them. I feel like I never got to talk to anyone for more than a few minutes. And I hated that I didn't get to hang with my favorite little boy much at the party. We made up for it once we got home though:)



















There's the Birthday Boy! I spotted him again! :)



Like the sign? I came up with it myself:)



Here we are... the Jacobsen trio (well quartet actually... Berkley is in my belly:)







We brought this little pool for the kiddos. Cade headed in right when we arrived:)



Mimso (my grandma), my brother Chris (from TX), and Mimi (my mom).
































Time for Cade's very own cake to dig into! Can you tell someone's excited!?








Get ready buddy!












And he's off! Here he goes!




A little apprehensive at first...
















But then he got down to business....












Brad and his buddy Will with their boys... they are excited that their boys will go to high school together:)








Brad, Cade, & Grammer (Brad's mom)




Brad, his buddy Brent, and their boys...








Cade loved the cake so much that he went back for seconds! And of course it HAD to be blue!




The party was pretty much over but I had to leave a bit early - Doctor's orders. I had been having pains all day that never let up. I called and she told me to go home, lay down, drink lots of water, and call her back in 2 hours. So.... this is what we did.... came open to open presents! Trust me, this IS resting for me. And yes,I drank all 64 ounces of water. Thank goodness, that did the trick and I felt so much better. We were nervous for a minute there. Berks still has 3 more months in the oven! She can't come yet. Stay cookin' Berks!
Cousin Brennan helped Cade open his gifts....






Cade thought it was much faster to bite them open:)




And then climb on the boxes:)












LOVE this bib... it says, "Star of Mommy's Blog". So appropriate for me, eh? :) Thanks Mel!








Brennan went in for seconds on the cupcakes. He looks like Cade did with the blue face:)




Then the cousins decided to be 'jumping beans' and jump in Cade's crib. It was so cute to watch Cade laugh at Brennan and try to copy him. Seeing these 2 play together makes me so excited to have 2 kiddos. I think Cade would much rather play with another kid than with Brad and I.




Then we headed out to the "front yard" to play in the mini pool. We had an action-packed day!








And yep, we ended the day with MORE SUGAR!! The boys were in Heaven:)




Cade was having too much fun to stop and pose for a picture though...



As you can probably tell, we had a GREAT day celebrating Cade's very 1st birthday! We can't wait to celebrate many, many more! We love you so much Monkey! You make mommy & daddy so proud. You are the best little monkey we could ever ask for! We love you so, so much Scoops! Happy FIRST Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment