Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Palm Springs

Spur of the moment Monday morning, we decided to head down to Palm Springs for a few nights. Within 1.5 hours, we booked the resort, boarded the dogs, packed the bags, and were on the road. Those are the best trips, don't ya think?
This was the first day before heading out to the pool... While I was getting ready for the pool, I found the Monkey like this:)



Ahhhh, relaxing poolside with my baby - I mean toddler:)

Daddy & Cade. Love the look on Cade's face!

Aww, there's that smile we love so much!

We decided to stay in the first night and bring a pizza back to the room. It is much easier than trying to eat at a restaurant.

Cade fell in love with TV (cartoons) for the 1st time....

We tried to go out to eat the next night, but it was a complete disaster. We thought we had outsmarted the system...I ordered first and was going to eat while Brad held/entertained Cade. Then Brad would order and I would do the entertaining. So we would do the split eating. Not ideal, but if it would keep everyone happy, we were game to try it. Well..... here is what happened: before my food came, Cade was screaming and upset that he couldn't play with the water glass. He then knocked the water all over me! I would've just left but I had already ordered. I was embarrassed to say the least. Brad stepped out with him. I sat alone. My food came, I shoveled it in as fast as possible, looking like a woman who hasn't eaten in days. I then signaled for Brad to come in and finish my plate while I go outside with Cade. Poor Brad never even got to order. Luckily the staff was super calm and nice. And yes, we tipped them generously. Of course, the minute we walked away from the restaurant, Cade turned back into the Angel he normally is. Either Cade was a HUGE handful and misbehaving, or I was expecting way too much out of a 1yr. old. I am guessing I was expecting too much for him to sit still that long.... especially without his toys to play with. Either way, I think we'll stick to room service and pizzas from now on:)


When we got back, we did a little bit of this:




We love you Palm Springs! Hope to see you again soon. It is the perfect set up for us and very kid friendly. Cade loved the kid-end of the pool and Brad loved the water slides:) As for me, I love the lounge chairs, and fruity drinks (yes, virgin for me, please:)

No comments:

Post a Comment