Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

1st Solo Day Out With The Kiddos

Cade, Berks, & I had our 1st outing today without Brad. Yep, I packed up, loaded the car, and carried both kids down our stairs and into the car all by myself. To say I was proud of myself (and a bit relieved we made it) would be an understatement. Carrying everything to the car in 1 trip was my biggest fear. Our garage in detached so that makes it a bit difficult to get everyone out and loaded in 1 trip. I also worried about being alone with them in public....that the kids would scream at the same time and leave me trying to figure out who to help 1st... all while getting stared at by random people. But... fortunately, they took turns crying so it was manageable. And what if Cade ran? How would I leave Berkley to chase after him? (Answer: Cade only gets out of the stroller if/when Berkley is strapped to me so that if I chase him, she comes too.)

We met my good friend Melissa and her girls, Brynn & Molly at South Coast Plaza. We even pressed our luck and went out to lunch at Rainforest Cafe! Yep, Mel & I had 4 kids under 4 between us!

For most of lunch, I had Berkley strapped to me. This worked out great... except when the thunderstorm started and the monkeys did their thing, it scared Cade to death. He clung onto me and would not let me put him down. So there I was with Berkley strapped to me, Cade in my right arm, and trying to eat with my left. Pure craziness! It is definitely a run for your money to have 2 kids so close in age. But so worth it! 15 months apart...

Mel did things more logically and had her girls 3 years apart:)
When I get frustrated or overwhelmed, I look at this face (or Cade's of course) and remember that it is so worth every minute! Don't get me wrong... it is definitely challenging though!

No comments:

Post a Comment