Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Disneyland Half Marathon 09.02.12

This past Sunday I ran the Disney Half Marathon with my friends Becky and Allyson. I have run a few races before, and I must say the folks at Disney 'did us right'.  They started EXACTLY on time, which never happens.  The also had tons of characters along the route and various parts of the parks (Disney and Adventure) were turned on.  The Colors show was going (well the lights at least) and the carousel was going with a bunch of characters riding it for us to see.  This race is pricey - $150 - but I will give them credit for doing a great job.  They even started the race with fireworks - if that doesn't scream Disney, I don't know what does!
 
Becky and I got into the spirit and even dressed up!  Either that, or we just geeked out :)

 
Below are some action shots that I stole off of the website with the option to buy:


These are a bit out of order.  We started at 5:45am (had the be there at 4:30am which meant I woke up at 3:15am!) so the beginning of the race was in the dark.


 

1 comment: