Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

One of the Best Days...

I don't know if it was because I took the challenge and impressed myself by taking both kids to Disneyland by myself, or if it was spending time alone with my 2 favorite little people, but yesterday was one of my favorite days. 

The kids and I had a B.L.A.S.T!

We have never gone to DLand alone.  Either Brad is with us or we meet friends  - which means we have an extra pair of hands to deal with the kiddos.

Yesterday, I decided to give it a shot and take them all by my lonesome.  I figured if one (or both) had meltdowns and it turned out to be disastrous, we would just pack up, come home (with screaming children), and I would end up frustrated, exhausted, and needing a glass of wine (ha!).  My motto has always been: if you don't try, you'll never know.

So, off we went.

The day could not have gone ANY better!

Upon walking to our 1st ride, we ran into Tami, Sofia (Cade & Berks' cousin) & Mickey.  We rode 2 rides with them.  (Sofia had just had lunch with the princesses!  She looked so cute in her Cinderella dress and crown.)
Cade was so darn happy to see her.
Wow! We got 1 picture with all 3 monkeys!
After those 2 rides, we said our goodbyes and the kids and I kept on trucking.  Here is the key to the story - the place was dead.  We walked on all but 1 ride.  That made is super easy.  No crying because we want to go on the ride NOW.  And also, the kids (mostly Cade) could walk because there were no crowds.

I loved being able to give C & B ALL of my attention.  Since we were not with any friends, it was just me and my babies:)  Cade was a rockstar and waited patiently for the 1 ride that was a 30 min wait.  He stood by my side as I held Berks.  Sure, there were times when I had 1 toddler on each hip, but I loved it!

We hit 6 rides in 2 hours.  Score.

Cade and I woke this morning still talking about our fun day yesterday.

I think this might have to be a weekly date with my favorite little girl and my favorite little big boy :) 
(Cade corrects me every time I call him my baby.  "No Mommy!  I'm a big boy!"  So, I will compromise and call him a little big boy)

Ahhh, these 2 have stolen my heart :))

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! I can't wait for the day when I can take all three kids on a fun date and not stress out over who will have a meltdown lol

    ReplyDelete