Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 9, 2011

Impressed Myself

Before having kids, I have always been an early riser. I would wake up at 4am to hit the gym before work. This is also because I am NOT a night person. I am exhausted by 5pm and have no desire to do anything strenuous at that point, so working out would not happen if it didn't happen early.
I was very curious if I could keep this schedule up after having little ones. I stayed home with Cade for the first 6 months, so I slept in and then would take him for a run in the late morning. By the time I went back to work, I got pregnant with Berkley and stopped working out altogether because her pregnancy zapped all of my energy (prob. b/c I was now chasing Cade around:)
So.... I am now at a point where my dedication would be tested. I am still home on maternity but taking both kids out for a run is more difficult. Mostly because it is so cold and I feel bad dragging them out in this weather. But also because it takes such effort to get 3 of us ready for a measly 6 mile run. Then by the time we get home, I have to bathe all 3 of us. By the time all of that is complete, we are looking at lunchtime. This takes way too much time out of the day. And I feel a bit selfish... I would rather be playing and loving on them.
So, I am proud to say that I am back at it! My old routine! I woke this morning at:

And this early hour seems to come even earlier since we are waking up a few times in the night to feed Miss Berkley Laine. I know it sounds crazy, and most people think I am:)

There is only one way I can describe it. Running (or working out in general) is my morning coffee. I just don't feel myself when I don't start my day with some cardio. Ok, and maybe a little guilt if I don't do it. Whatever the reason though, I am just glad I do it. It clears my mind and I just love those endorphins - I swear they are my prosaic:)

No comments:

Post a Comment