Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day/Poppy's Day to MY DAD

For those of you who have never met this man... this is my daddy. This is the man that would drop anything in a minute's notice to come rescue me. I remember I got a flat tire a few years ago and I called my dad because I didn't know what to do. Rather than call AAA, he drove over an hour to come help me himself. My dad would sacrifice anything to give my mom, brother and I better than he had. He is the most selfless person I know. He would never miss a soccer game of mine and always told me that I lit up his world. To this day, my dad moves mountains in my eyes.
I could go on and on about my dad. A girl's relationship with her father is extremely important and I am so grateful for how close my dad and I are. He has been involved in every step of my life. I am very much a Daddy's Girl. My favorite was when we had our Father/Daughter dance at Brad & my wedding.... the song I had chosen (actually my dad chose it) for us to dance to started to play and I was shocked!.... my dad had secretly met with the DJ beforehand and they recorded the song with my dad singing it. That was the sweetest, most thoughtful thing. The song is by Heartland, called I Loved Her First.

Happy Father's Day Dad. I feel so lucky that I get to have YOU as my dad. Cade & Berkley have the best Poppy ever! I love you so much!
Love, Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment