Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cade's Latest

Cade Man has been cracking us up and impressing us left and right lately. His vocabulary has skyrocketed and our little man talks up a storm! He must take after his mommy:) Here a few of his latest antics to note:
-Yesterday he said to me, "I want apple juice mommy." - such a big sentence!
-He has great manners and he uses this against me. Ha! When he wants something he will say, "Peas (please) Mommy". Ahhh, that gets me every time. How can I possibly say "no" to this sweet boy with great manners?
-His new favorite word? "WHY". The other day I was cracking up. Our conversation went a little something like this:
"I want new news (noodles) peas (please) mommy."
"Ok, buddy. I am going to make them."
"Why?"
"Because you asked for them."
"I want new news mommy."
"I know bud. I am getting them ready."
"Why?"
And round and around we went. Too cute!
-Today, we were at a friend's house who had just given her little girl a bath. Cade walked right up to the bath and got in fully clothed. He sat right down and started playing with her bath toys.

Lately, Cade is very much a daddy's boy. Maybe because he is older and he loves to ruff house with daddy and he especially loves to read his nighttime stories with daddy.
Here is the little boy tonight after his bath (his 2nd bath... the real one... with no clothes on this time...ha!) His shirt says, "mamma's boy". And yes, I just said that he is a daddy's boy lately... but he will always be my mamma's boy:)
And Berk's has had a milestone or two of her own! She held her own bottle tonight which was quite exciting because Cade never did this. And.... drum roll please... she is sleeping like a champ! The kids share a room, however Berkley had never slept in there. She has always slept with us in a pack n play so that she would not wake Cade up in the middle of the night. For her first stretch at night, she was sleeping about 5 hours - not too bad, but could be better. And as for her naps (also in the pack n play), they were nonexistent. Literally, the girl would fall asleep randomly and wake after 30 minutes. Never had she napped for more than 30 minutes. WELL....., we have been putting her in her crib (in the shared room) the past few days/nights and it is working GREAT!! The kids do not wake each other! Berkley slept 7.5 hours last night! AND, she took a 3 HOUR nap today!! 3 HOURS!! I had to go check that she was breathing! She then took a 2nd nap for 45 minutes! I barely believe this myself. Brad & I are ecstatic about this. I definitely think putting them in the same room early on is the way to go. They get used to each other's cries and learn to sleep through it. Praise the Lord for this break through!

On a side note, please keep my mom in your prayers tomorrow at 9:30am. She is having surgery on her back that will hopefully put an end to the pain she has been having for the past 4 months. I pray that mom will leave the hospital with no more back pain! As she says, "I miss not being able to pick up my grand kids." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment