Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Berkley's 1st Day Home

Our 1st night home Brad & I slept in the living room on the couch with Berkley in the pack n' play next to us. This was the furthest room from Cade and we thought it would be good to separate the kids so that Berkley's cries wouldn't wake Cade up. When I woke at one point, I found Brad like this:
Brad seriously wins 'Dad of the Year' in my book. He said he wanted to sleep closer to her (the couch was 10 feet away - too much for him:) so he would make sure to hear her if she woke. I knew I married a great man, but I had no clue what a phenomenal dad he would be. You never really know until you see them in action. How did I get so lucky?! I love you so much Brad. We make a great team. Thank you for being my partner in life.
Here is the Prima Donna:)
Cade reading a book with his Mimi. He did NOT want Mimi to leave today. These 2 are best buddies:) We are so glad that Mimi & Poppy live close so we can see them all the time.
Berkley in her sling. Thanks for the sling Aimee! I carried Berks around in it for a long time this morning. She loved it - all snuggled up and listening to mamma's heartbeat.
Nap time.... again!
For the most part, Cade doesn't seem fazed by Berkley's arrival. Probably because she sleeps 90% of the time so he still gets all of our attention. But when he hears her, he will point and look for the "baby". He tries to climb up the pack n' play and see her. Here is Brad showing him his little sister:)

Aunt Robin came over for a visit today.....
And so did Grammer!
So far everything is going great being home. We are just about settled and loving our life. Who knew having 2 would be double the fun!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment