Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Celebration Dinner For Berkley

I have been about getting pictures of all of our visitors who have stopped by the hospital to meet Miss Berkley. I seem to think about it right after they have left. I did manage to get a few of Mimi holding her granddaughter yesterday. Mimi is very excited to add a girl to the family. She already asked when we can take Berks for her 1st pedi:)
I spoke too soon when I said I was feeling great. Just like with Cade, I started to feel real bad last night. The epidural usually wears off in 24 hrs, so once 24 hrs passed and I was feeling great, I thought we were in the clear. BUT... turns out everyone reacts differently, and evidently the epidural stayed with me for about 32 hrs. So last night around 6pm, I felt the pain. I couldn't move much and my entire stomach was in a lot of pain. I will even admit that a few bad words came out of my mouth. Don't worry, I told Berkley "earmuffs" first (if you haven't seen Old School, you wouldn't get that joke.) I need to remember that a c section is major surgery and not to get discouraged. I decided to finally start taking the pain meds - I previously avoided them since I was feeling great and didn't want the constipation that comes with the meds. But I had no choice last night, so I took them. I also smuggled in a sleeping pill from home that I took. I slept great - over 8 hrs! - and woke up feeling great. The nurses would come in to check me and I would sleep right through them taking my blood pressure, temperature, etc. Brad was on "Berk Duty" and he took care of her so that I could take care of myself and get feeling better. Right before the pain started we got to have our Celebration Dinner:
Here you can see my Black Beauty (my nickname for Berks b/c of that hair:) sleeping in the next to us during dinner.
And one more picture of Daddy's Little Girl. I can never get enough newborn pictures!
I am so excited! My parents are bringing Cade here to the hospital to meet Berkley as soon as he wakes from his nap. Should be within an hour or two! And then later this afternoon, we will take our FAMILY OF 4 (!!!!) home. I have heard this from friends and I can now vouch that it is so true. You are a 'family' with 1 baby but it feels so much more like a 'family' with 2. The Jacobsens are now complete:) Brad & I feel so grateful to have been blessed with 2 beautiful children. Thank you Lord for answering our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment