Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ready or not....

If you know me, then you know of course I'm ready! I am the definition of 'a planner'. I usually have things planned, organized, and 'ready' weeks in advance. This is the exact opposite of Brad:)
As you know, Brad & I work together at the same middle school. We both teach math. Well, this year we even teach the exact same math class - 7th grade honors. This means we have to work together to plan, write tests, etc. I have to laugh at how different Brad & I are. I write my tests and make my copies a week or two ahead of time. I even give him a copy this early so that he can get ready too. Never fails.... he will come into my classroom the morning of the test and ask me if I have a copy of the test. Gulp! How can he work like that!? I would die not having my tests ready to go ahead of time. Funny how opposites attract. We make a good balance:)
Ok, back to the subject at hand.... Berkley. As I was saying - I am ready for her arrival! Bags are all packed.
Striped bag on left - Berkley's bag
Louis Vuitton bag - mine
Carseat & coming home outfit are on far right.
Don't laugh.... I know what you are thinking.... "where's Brad's bag?" Ha ha! I told you already! He will pack as we are walking out the door.... if he packs anything at all. :)
This is the start of Cade's bag. He will be staying with my aunt Bee the 1st few nights and then she will take him to May's house (daycare) during the day. Once the weekend hits, my parents will pick Cade up and stay with him (& the dogs) at our house.
I even remembered to get the dog food thawing. Yes, you are seeing this right. Our dogs do not eat dog food. They get Tyson's chicken. Brad even cooks them cheap (very cheap) steaks and ribs some nights. I know, I know, we are crazy to have started this bad habit.
Berkley's bassinet has been re-sheeted. Cade's blue sheet came off, and has been replaced with Berks' pink sheet. Cade discovered the bassinet yesterday and is completely obsessed with playing in it. I hope this wears off before Berkley arrives and takes it over.
I also impressed myself and even put the Halloween decorations up. I figured I won't have time to do it once I have 2 monkeys in the house so I made sure to do it the other day. It was the last thing on my long "To Do Before Berkley Arrives" list. :)


So now that my list has been checked off, Berkley is free to arrive anytime. We have our scheduled c section on Oct. 6, but if she chooses to come early, it is ok now since I am 'ready'. Oh wait.... I take that back. My last day of work is on Tuesday, Oct. 4. I have Wed, Oct. 5 off so that I can pamper myself and relax a bit before the storm. So Berkley.... if you are hearing this.... don't arrive early. I need to get my mani/pedi on Wed.... so just wait until your scheduled date. Plus, this is Cade's last weekend as an only child. Daddy & I are spoiling him and we are having some fun family time this weekend. I will post pictures soon. Just sit tight for 5 more days, my sweet girl. We love you so much and cannot wait to see your little face. Who will you look like? Mommy? Daddy? Cade?
PS. Just wanted to show you Cade's frame... it's all full now. Crazy how fast that year went!

No comments:

Post a Comment